Thank you for Purchasing Cabin Bright LED Fluorescent Tube Replacement Alternative!
You don’t have to be a mechanic or an electrician – Here’s how you do it:
PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS ALL THE WAY THROUGH BEFORE STARTING INSTALLATION!
THIS PRODUCT IS FOR 12 volt INSTALLATION ONLY!!!
Before you start, get some wire cutters and a screwdriver…That’s all you’ll need!
1. Turn off power to the fixture.
2. Remove plastic diffuser lens and unscrew Fixture from ceiling.
3. Cut supply wires to the fixture leaving enough wire from ceiling to reconnect fixture.
4. Remove the glass tubes and the metal ballast cover and insert the wire end of the Cabin Bright LED Fluorescent Tube Alternative through the existing hole in the fixture. NOTE: Do NOT cut any wires to or from the ballast in case you want to use it in the future…by the way…you won’t!
5. Use the enclosed alcohol wipe to clean the surface before applying the LED’s and let dry. Stick down the 4, 5, 6, 8, or 10 LED pads in the space where the glass tubes were – evenly spaced depending on which Cabin Bright product you purchased and the length of your fixture. (You may use a hair dryer or heat gun to warm up the adhesive before you stick it down.)
6. Replace the metal ballast cover.
7. Strip 3/8 of an inch from each of the wires hanging in the ceiling and connect (using the enclosed blue wire nuts) the Cabin Bright converted fixture ensuring the positive lead from the ceiling is connected to the red wire, and the negative lead is connected to the black wire. Check proper operation by switching on the fixture. If it doesn’t light, reverse the wires.
8. Screw fixture to ceiling and replace plastic diffuser lens.
9. Enjoy your new, bright, clean looking light – with a lot less power draw!
One significant difference between the Cabin Bright LED Fluorescent Tube Replacements and other products is Cabin Bright will fit in ANY compatible 12 volt fluorescent fixture. . . Guaranteed!
NOTE: It may be necessary to slightly pry up the tabs to replace the ballast cover.